Thursday, March 15, 2007

Three-onion and Goat Cheese Tart



The base is puff pastry, then on top of that is layered sliced fresh goat cheese, carmelized onions, garlic and shallots with bacon and fresh thyme. It was quite good- especially nice with the ginger butternut soup! A note on garnishing with sour cream: thin it quite a bit. You can tell mine wasn't thin enough, so when I dragged a toothpick through it the design didn't work as nicely as I had hoped. After you thin the sour cream, you can use a spoon to drop just a bit of it in spots where you want. Use a toothpick to either swirl the design or just drag it straight through to make little hearts. Practice makes perfect!




3 comments:

Supergabesmomma said...

MORE drool on my part. That all looks so delicious. And now I really want to try that sour cream trick. Did you just thin it with milk? And is that the soup mom makes?! I miss that stuff. But sadly, Gabe and I would be the only ones to eat it. Dylan and Aaron save their refined taste buds for pizza and bakes beans, etc. Not that there is anything wrong with that...

MyLifeWithTrent said...

Yep, just thin the sour cream with milk. You can put it into a squeeze bottle to make the dripping, etc, easier. This soup is similar to the one that Mom makes, but I think hers has apples in it. This is Emily's recipe. When you make a batch just freeze it in small containers- just enough for you and Gabe. I have the same issue here.

Brin said...

Okay, note to self: do NOT read your blog after 10 pm or crazy, uncontrolable cravings will ensue! That soup looks incredible! :D

Hi! It's Brin. I wanted to come by and take a peek at your food (omgosh... yum!) and say thanks for the sweet comment on my blog. You're too nice, and I'm honored that you took a minute of your day to spend with me. Thanks! Now you're not so "faceless"! :D

Have a fantastic weekend!
Brin
www.messythrillinglife.blogspot.com