
OH HEAVENS! Look what I got today! I went berry picking at the ranch and picked 20 lbs. What do I make first?! Muffins? Pancakes? Pie? Blueberry Breakfast Bars?! (see http://foodiefarmgirl.blogspot.com/ and scroll down until you see the big blueberry bar) Or, blueberry ice cream?! Heaven, I'm in heaven..... I think I'll go back tomorrow and get 20 lbs. of raspberries! Did I mention the weather was perfect for picking? Nice and overcast and around 80. Wow, that beats the 105 from yesterday. Thanks Lord!
And yesterday I got to pick cherries to my hearts content. I have two friends with cherry trees who are out of town this week and invited me to pick all I wanted. Must've gotten 40 lbs. of them- mostly Rainier cherries. We'll be having a pitting party tonight! I'm definitely making a cherry pie. I've been married 22 years and not once have I made one for MDH. And it's his favorite. Shame on me. Oh, honey bunny......
1 comment:
Oh, so yummy!!! I wish I was there. I really, really do. Well, er - or that you and all the berries were here. :o)
I LOVE the new blog format. Super cute. And all your new posts are lots of fun. The family room floor looks very nice. And so does the roof. Well done! I also really liked your comment and the random posts - that is how I want to do my blog - just write whatever I feel like and use as much for me as anyone else. I do think that may be the point, after all.
Lots of love!!!
Post a Comment