I was looking through a book at the B & B where we were staying- one of those 'things to do in this city" books, and it told of this amazing chocolate cafe- "Moonstruck", describing their artisan chocolates, decadent drinks, etc. I immediately thought of the movie "Chocolat" and determined we would find this place. We were walking down "23rd", a great street of shopping the gal at Starbuck's told us we had to visit, ("Oh- you've gotta do 23rd!!" she said) and, viola, there it was! Seriously, looking at the case- with dozens of choices- and names and descriptions like "Theobroma Cream: caramel butter mousse with cinnamon bananas flambeed in dark island rum", (that's a chocolate?!) and "The Ocumarian: pure dark chocolate from the Ocumare valley in Venezuela, with a gentle glow of chili pepper" and the room was spinning! How do you decide which one- no- two, oh, okay, half a dozen- you want?! It wasn't easy, and I can't wait to visit again! Here's their website- you'll land on "Meet The Truffles". Enjoy!
Don't drool on your keyboard. Oh, and do check out the "Chocolate Labs". Too cute!
1 comment:
Oh, wow! What a trip! It all looks so amazing! What a city. It just has so much to see and do. And the chocolate!!! Just looking at it made em want to watch that movie again! I'm so happy that you had such a wonderful trip!
Post a Comment