
My favorite pleasure this week that is shared universally: swapping silly jokes. I love visiting with my customers, catching up on what's going on in their lives- they're all great. But sharing jokes is the best! Have you noticed how healthy laughing hard is? It really changes your whole outlook for a long time. Here's my favorite joke- my husband told this to me years ago during his bartending days.
A string walks into a bar, sits down and tells the bartender, "I'd like a beer please." The bartender says, "I don't serve strings here!" and throws the string out into the alley. The string picks himself up, brushes himself off, unravels his top and ties a knot in it, then walks back into the bar, sits down and says calmly, "I'd like a beer please." The bartender looks at him and says, "Aren't you that string I just threw out of here?" And the string replies, (You have to say this part out loud) "Nope, I'm a frayed knot."
Tell some jokes this week!
A string walks into a bar, sits down and tells the bartender, "I'd like a beer please." The bartender says, "I don't serve strings here!" and throws the string out into the alley. The string picks himself up, brushes himself off, unravels his top and ties a knot in it, then walks back into the bar, sits down and says calmly, "I'd like a beer please." The bartender looks at him and says, "Aren't you that string I just threw out of here?" And the string replies, (You have to say this part out loud) "Nope, I'm a frayed knot."
Tell some jokes this week!
2 comments:
I love that joke! One of my favorites.
I would love to post a new joke, but nothing very clean is coming to mind. The only joke I can even think of is the "ticket to Pittsburg" one. Remember that one?? It's not terrible, but I can't say I feel comfortable posting it on your blog!
Ooh, ooh - I do have one that I got from Gabe:
Where does a general keep his armies?
In his sleevies!
I love Gabe's joke! And uh, love the other one too, but yeah... a little, um.. hmmmm... but it was hilarious!
Post a Comment